FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:48 pm
Snuggs

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by keggers1
Am I crazy for changing my St. Regis reservation (85k for over water) for the W fabulous overwater oasis?

Snorkeling is important to me, but also the W rooms seem more private compared to the St. Regis "sunrise" side rooms.

Would anyone else choose the W over the St. Regis for the same number of points??
I don’t think so. Was at St Regis in May, was at Conrad in ‘17. Stayed in a St Regis suite. Can’t say I understood the hype of any of it. Snorkeling was available outside my room at Conrad and at the House reef. At St Regis they dumped us out in open water, not that great of a reef, and was appalled that they never asked about experience level. The current is strong in and around the St Regis, and two snorkels were immediately overwhelmed by the 1+ swells.

I didn’t think the room was much better than an ow at Conrad, though it was larger. Food was good at both. Bar was much better at Conrad. I did find the service to be excellent at St Regis, initially, then fell off, till I found my wallet.

There’s another resort under construction about a kilometer away, with lights blazing 24/7.

If if you read the reviews by TPG, he initially didn’t like the St Regis, until they finally ‘realized’ (with much prodding) Who he was. Then, he loved it.