FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Manila for 1 month - Ascott BGC WiFi Concerns
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:11 pm
sungoddess_az

Manila for 1 month - Ascott BGC WiFi Concerns

I'm planning a month-long trip to Manila. Although I have visited for vacation a few times, this time it's a bit of an extended stay, so I plan to work a bit as well. So, my concern is reliable WiFi and speed. Can anyone confirm whether they have had any issues with WiFi at this hotel? I've never stayed at an Ascott before, but their model is serviced apartments. So, you get nice hotel-like accommodations where you get your unit cleaned and you get a kitchenette. But, they do look much more luxurious than the typical extended stay type hotels in the U.S. And, from the pictures posted online, it looks like a really nice place. So...now about the WiFi. I have been told they only have 6mbps in the rooms. I need to be able to connect with folks at work via Skype for Business, screen share, upload/download files, etc. I really like this hotel and location (next to the Shangri-la at the Fort where I've stayed for vacation) but the meager 6mbps has me a bit worried. But, perhaps it's all I need? Anyone stay at this hotel and use Skype no problem? Any issues?