FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - oneworld Multi-Carrier Awards - sharing ideas
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:54 am
NetJets Germany

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Hello fellow Ft'ers,

I have got three questions, hope you can help me shed light on these issues:

1) I currently have a return booked SIN-HKG-JFK/EWR-HKG-SIN on CX in J under the old mileage redemption rates, i.e. 145k rtn. I would like to now effectively convert this into a longer OW multi-carrier and break up the ticket, so that the outbound is operated by QR instead (SIN-DOH-JFK) and the CX return flights EWR-HKG-SIN stay intact. Will this be possible, or do I risk losing my confirmed award space on EWR-HKG-SIN if I ask AM to fiddle with the ticket to make it a part of a bigger OW multi-carrier award?

2) Provided the above conversion is possible, I would like to book the following multi-carrier award:
SIN(QR)-xDOH(QR)-oJFK/ERW(CX)-xHKG(CX)-SIN//FRA(QR)-xDOH(QR)-oSIN(CX)-xHKG(CX)-AKL//CHC(QF)-xSYD(QF)-SIN
That should come out as 39,431 miles and therefore cost me 240,000 miles per person. I am counting 2 stop-overs, 5 transits and 2 open-jaws. Is there any reason why this itinerary would not fly and I could get push-back on it? Such as having too many transits as opposed to stop-overs?

3) Ideally I would like to fly from Europe to SIN on AY. However, as one-way awards are not an option using AM, how do I best search for availability these days?

4) For the final two segments CHC-SYD-SIN on QF, should I best use the BA website or QF's own to check availability? What is most reliable nowadays?

Many thanks for your kind advice!