FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oneworld booking and pricing experiences
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:33 am
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by pandaperth
What makes you say this?
I can still see the fares this morning in ExpertFlyer
(you have to specify BA as the only carrier to see the fares)
I am aware that one must specify BA as the carrier. When I looked yesterday evening and early this morning EF returned no results. I just checked again and now I do see results, so perhaps an EF quirk?

A bit caustic anabolism (or should I say vitriolic?)
I am sorry if it came across as vitriolic. There is always a tension between discussing such things and not, because once they attract notice they are gone.

When I contacted Oneworld about the SABRE "quirks", I made no mention of ex-SEZ fares
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
IMO, with things like this, it's probably better not to do or say anything which is likely to result in OneWorld staff looking in this direction. I am aware of the routing quirks, and just worked my itinerary around them, changing my desired itinerary where necessary to accommodate the quirks. It's these same quirks, after all, which result in the online booking tool being useless.

May I suggest that, for those of us who use these fares, we cease completely posting about them here? That will prevent a number of groups of people from picking up on them, -- 1) OneWorld and individual carrier staff, 2) bloggers, and 3) FTers who don't understand that chatter about these fares inevitably results in their elimination.

As one who has been using One World Explorer fares since about 2008, I'll be happy to take the lead in setting up a private group for sharing information. We can use FB Messenger, Skype, Line, etc. And let's start right now. To respond to my suggestion, please PM me with your email address and I'll reply with mine. Seems like a good place to start. Remember, there are thousands of dollars per ticket on the line here.
Excellent ideas all.