FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dollar Las Vegas
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2004, 2:15 pm
travelcoupons

Programs: DL SM, Marriott
Originally Posted by prncess674
I too am thinking of renting from Dollar in LAS and advice on the service and cars in LAS would be helpful.

Thanks!
Rachel
The cars are fine, but the service is horrendous.

I've rented from dollar before at numerous locations, but this one is by far the worst.
I joined Fastlane so i wouldn't have to wait in line. When i arrived via the shuttle there was a long line for the non-fastlane members. I walked into the Fastlane line, there was 2 people in front of me at the counter, don't know if they were fastlane or not, they seemed to not know whether they wanted to rent a car or not and took about 15 minutes before they left without a car. When i approached the counter with my fastlane card, i was told to go out to the lot & the attendant would find me a minivan, which i did. I walked around the lot with my luggage, spouse and 3 hot children looking for an attendant. None were found. Finally a shuttle driver stopped to help me. He jumped out and ran back into the area where they service the cars and found someone. He came out & told me it would be a few minutes and one would be out.
After about 5-10 more minutes a young kid came screetching out of the car wash area with a van & pulled up to where i was. We returned the vehicle at 4:30 AM as we had an early flight...i was expecting the same run-around, but the return was quick & easy. I would suspect that would not be the case during the day when they are busier.