FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PIT DO 2018: Post AS SEA-PIT Inaugural celebration Sept 6-9, 2018 [Alaska DO Series]
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:35 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
TripAdvisor says this place is cash only! How is that even allowed in 2018, especially to be part of an FT event!
Ah, crap, forgot about that. And despite going there weekly (usually for Burger Tuesday), I often forgot about it until halfway through my meal. They have an ATM in the back, but PNC next door has one that's fee-free with my bank, and that saved my bacon several times.

One time I had lost my ATM card and really wanted to hit their special burger on Tuesday despite my card not being scheduled to arrive until later that week. I begged and pleaded with them and finally the manager agreed to let me pay her with PayPal. That said, I do share your frustration with their policy--and they're totally a hipster joint with an iPad at the hostess stand and modern decor and everything, not some place that's been there 100 years and has no desire to update payment methods.

Who knows--maybe they're laundering money, but I don't care, because the food (especially the burgers on Tuesdays!) is stupid delicious.