FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transiting in SVO or take train?
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:55 pm
eastindywalrus

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by ilcannone
But almost every staircase has ramps for suitcases anyway since so many Russians carry so much. I know for a fact from my weekly commute that upon exiting Komsomolskaya ring/brown line (the station one would need it arriving by train from St P) has a SHORT staircase WITHOUT a luggage ramp on the platform which then takes one to the escalator. Rush hour really is a bit of an issue, but still, luggage is expected on the ring line and people do move (kind of)
Can't say I've ever seen anyone but a babushka using those.

Also, eastindywalrus, if the OP chose the train then metro, there is no transfer needed between Komsomolskaya and Belorusskaya, it's a 4 stop, 8 minute ride between the two.
Fair enough - it'll be a year soon since I've been in Moscow. Looking to fix that soon enough, though.

Taxis are not *that* expensive in Moscow either, I use them regularly and find that they are cheaper than most European capitals, particularly if one uses a hail app similar to Uber. But traffic on the ring roads are an utter nightmare to the point that the metro is a better option!
Every time I've checked, it's been upon arrival in Moscow during rush hour. So, yeah, prices and traffic were both insane. I guess I might be a bad judge of the taxi prices though - in general, I think taxis are stupid expensive almost anywhere, so I think to take the metro if I can.