FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied boarding due to boarding pass link not working ?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:12 am
eracerblue

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
I don't think anyone is saying this is the customer's problem (I'm certainly not), but I'm not so sure it's an IT fail either.

I wouldn't be surprised if AC requires you to have downloaded the BP prior to the check in cutoff. That could explain why the link didn't work. If that is the case, the instructions need to be way more clear.

I hope you report back here once your friend has received an official response from AC.
Originally Posted by vernonc
This may be the most logical explanation. I have not seen anything from AC saying you have to download the BP before any set time. Only you have to be at the gate 30 mins before dep for US-Canada flights and he was most certainly there well before that. As per canadiancow, Y went out full but there was space in J. I hope this was not a convenient way to avoid IDB. All sorts of weird stuff happen at outstations. I will most certainly report back. My friend did call AC and was told to go fill out the on-line form so may have to wait a few months for a resolution. FYI he is E50K.
I believe this is the case - I had it happen numerous times to me, prior to setting my general faith in the app, plus paper backup.

In particular, I believe it tended to happen at smaller outposts where I could easily arrive 20min ahead, clear security, and be at the gate near the start of boarding... and where I tracked an unofficially delayed incoming plane ... and therefore left to the airport later.

Once, I had to go back to an agent for a reprint. For quite some time after, I screenshotted every BP - and I still often do with the app. I lost count of how many times it saved me (either IT or cell coverage), but has been far less necessary with the app. I actually found the web link BP so hit and miss that I used my screenshot as my primary for a while.