FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 New First Class
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:13 pm
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

People have been talking like this new 777 F class is going to be rolled out fleetwide, yet new 777’s being delivered don’t have it, and EK really isn’t giving an estimation on when they’ll be releasing it fleetwide, saying sometime in 2020 or something. EK also doesn’t really seem to be flaunting it like it’s going to be fleetwide. I’m of the opinion that I don’t think they’ll be putting the new F on all their 777’s.

So it begs the question why, and then further as someone asked above why these routes? First off when you think about it the product its very nice, and cutting edge, and cool, and all that great stuff. But it’s terrible for people traveling together. Secondly, these routes probably have the highest capacity of paid, single person F fares when you think about the city pairs and all the money floating around on these particular routes. The FRA one is probably to compete directly with LH business travelers too like HON’s who pay for F. Stansted I haven’t found a good answer for, but I’m sure there’s a reason. In any event, I’m pretty certain on the reasoning for the Geneva and Brussels routes. All of this is just a guess, but I have some reasons to my logic.
Which new 77Ws don't have it ?