FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BoB - Success, Failure or just head in the clouds?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:11 am
littlefish

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops
.... The Only downside of BoB is where I sit on a flight. If I want a G'n'T I don't book the exit row in Y because by the time the crew get there I will have 5 mins to gulp it down.
So I book two rows behind the CE cabin to get served in time to sip my Gin. So BoB has had an effect on me by preventing my exit row choice. However, it is hardly the end of teh world for a 1 hour flight :-)
BoB has impacted me, too, through the GnT angle. My workday evening BA flights in ET to or from the likes of CPH, AMS, VIE, DUB, DUS and such were, pre BoB, characterised by the little luxury of a GnT with a couple of crisps served "my way" by the lovely CC. Just a nice thing that I enjoyed immensely as I jetted to wherever. Not only was this part of the ticket but there was a clear rhythm to the service so I knew when the trolley would reach me.
Tis no more.
BoB has taken this away. So that little but magnified aspect of the BA experience has gone too. One less thing to be a click the plus meter with me ... and that has really counted. I fly BA less longhaul now!
I still fly BA in ET. My flight routine has changed. I have my GnT as the flight is called in the lounge. I sleep as soon as wheels are up. I have zero interest to await the BoB trolley. I have practically no interaction with the CC. It is now altogether a 'meh' experience.