FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian: Flight from ADD to DJI (stop in DIR)
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:52 pm
mahme

Originally Posted by Dan72
No. There is no need for a visa. There is an airside transfer bus. I do the trip often and it's easy. You arrive in the main terminal (Terminal 2, if arriving from almost all international destinations) and follow the signs for Terminal 1. This will lead you to the far end of the transfer concourse, where you go down a flight of stairs and board a bus. It leaves every few minutes and takes only a few minutes to reach Terminal 1. Once you go into Terminal 1 you want to follow the signs for transfers (it's left before arrivals). You go up a flight of stairs and find yourself in the departure lounge. There is a basic ET *G lounge if you have star gold. There are also a couple of duty free stores, but they only accept cash in dollars. NB If you have a long connection you can stay in Terminal 2, before going to Terminal 1.
It worked out just as you said... I boarded this flight like a regular international flight... When we landed in DIR, half the plane disembarked, and a few people boarded... I am assuming maybe the disembarking passengers would have to go through immigration at DIR as they might have also been connecting internationally...

There was a direct flight from ADD to DIR leaving at exactly the same, 2 gates from mine... So I Guess Ethipian operates 2 flighst simulatneaously: oe for intnernation connecting passengers, and one for locals domestic passengers...