FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is anyone else still showing two different statuses on SPG vs. Marriott?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:20 am
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
My point was that having different status in the two programs after August 18 is not a mistake or problem. It's not something that needs to be "resolved." Because it's not a problem, it's not going to be "resolved." There's nothing to wait for.

Originally Posted by escape4
If you had linked your accounts before August 18, then why would you not have been SPG Plat rather than Gold by virtue of being Marriott PE? Then post August 18th (before merging), your SPG status remains Plat. If you merge, then it's PPE everywhere.
Back in April of this year, Marriott published charts showing how old status would correspond to new status. There was a lot of discussion about these charts because they didn't mention matched status from linked accounts, one way or the other. Even Marriott executives gave conflicting answers about whether new status would be based on earned status or on matched status. The final word was that it would be based on earned status.

I linked my accounts in 2016, so I was Platinum in both programs before August 18. However, my earned status in Rewards before August 18 was Platinum Elite, while my earned status in SPG before August 18 was only Gold Preferred. So I expected my new status to be Platinum Premier Elite in Rewards but only Gold Elite in SPG, based on the charts. However, it appears that Marriott gave me a "soft landing" to Platinum Elite in SPG because of what my status was through linking.

I've now combined my accounts, which added my SPG nights and points into my Rewards account. I now just have one account. I kept my old Rewards account number. Everything, including my status, is correct — except I'm still missing the birthday Elite night that I accepted in July but never received.

Last edited by Horace; Aug 31, 2018 at 8:28 am