FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Premier Upgrade (GPU) Questions Thread [Archive]
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:04 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jsloan
Your argument is somewhat akin to walking into Best Buy and trying to buy a car radio for $35 because the guy on the street was selling it for that price from his trunk -- "Hey, it's the market price!"
That's an inapt analogy. There is no "legitimate" market place for GPUs (i.e., you can't buy one at Best Buy). You're again trying to assign a theoretical value for an instrument which is freely transferable. GPUs are not freely transferable and that affects their value. So you are saying we should estimate a theoretical value for an item that simply does not exist.

btw, to the extent you're saying that a GPU has value to its owner which may be higher than the market value, of course that's true. Nothing I said is contrary to that. I simply stated that the market values them around $400. I'm not sure why you think that's a comment worthy of debate.