FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:41 am
CLEguy

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Welcome back William.

My frustration with this mess is the lack of action taken to fix anything for the past 12 days since this process started.

Agents on the SPG side refuse to do anything to post missing stays from weeks ago, refuse to recredit the missing points from cancelled award stays and refuse to acknowledge the frustration in checking-in to a property and given a room near the car park or the stairwell because the PPE update is missing at the property level (like I am back to being a non-member from over 20 years ago). Why bother answering the phone if they keep repeating the 'party line' that everything is fine, because its not.

Just last night in Milan, I was given a standard room right next to the elevators and maids quarters and was woken up at 545 am from the noise, all because by the time I proved to the front desk agent that I was indeed a PPE member, all of the other rooms/junior suites were long gone.

Not cool.
I would posit that if that many agents are "refusing" to do it, the reason is that they've been directed to (not) do it. Unfortunately, agents seem to be taking the blame for the failures of the program's leadership.

This thing has been less than smooth. Agents are the ones who get the ire of guests, unfortunately.