FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:02 am
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by brodielayne
$52 for a $hit pizza and a Tiger beer is ridiculous. I have no problem paying premium for solid food and drink, but $50 for a $hit pizza and a Tiger is laughable. Please share something good about the food and beverage to keep me from moving over to the Park Hyatt.
The Quiet Zone is a lovely venue. You sit right on the beach, usually very few other people there. The problem may be that there's no kitchen there, all the food is delivered from the main island, so the pizza wasn't that hot in addition to not being very good. I ate there three years ago, had the $33++ steak sandwich and the same pizza, thought it was good.

Ithaa is a one of a kind restaurant for a $240 underwater lunch.

I like Rangali Bar, the $47++ tenderloin was a good (200g) piece of beef. The $47++ catch of the day was fine too, though I thought $47++ was a bit much for what's essentially a $12 piece of reef fish, which is why I had the tenderloin the second time around.

I love the property, I think it's stunning, the breakfasts are great, but I don't think the food and beverage is great value. Of course, they have to fly almost everything in, etc.

Last edited by jphripjah; Aug 30, 2018 at 1:31 am