FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Email news flashes + Wiki FAQ + Customizing FT + Posting guidelines
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:57 pm
ftnoob
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

It may be more useful to view the fully formatted version of this news flash in your web browser.

SWA currently intends to extend their schedule horizon on Thursday, August 30, 2018, pushing the end of their booking window out from March 6, 2019 to April 5, 2019. By historical norms this is an unusually short booking window extension (less than a full month). As with all schedule extensions since earlier this year and until it finally happens, we all have to wonder whether Hawai'i will finally be bookable. If so, it is reasonable to speculate that:
  • there will be some newsworthy introductory fares for purposes of significant free publicity; and
  • those introductory fares might be so tightly constrained that they disappear in the blink of an eye.
If you want a leg up on grabbing a low introductory fare to Hawai'i, a good idea would be to bookmark one or more low fare calendar searches from your likely origin city/cities to your preferred Hawai'i destination(s). Here is an example for a flight from SJC to HNL in March, 2019:
(Because SJC-HNL fares are not yet loaded, the URL above will currently redirect to a calendar search input page; it won't return any fare results.)

Copy the URL above and modify it to suit the time frame of your choice, and your origin and destination cities, then bookmark it for use when the schedule extension happens (and frequently thereafter if Hawai'i bookings do not become available this week).

In other news:

Last edited by ftnoob; Aug 30, 2018 at 9:56 pm