FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase fraud alerts & fraudulent charges [consolidated]
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:34 pm
AAMCI

Programs: AAdvantage LT GLD 1.806MM
Originally Posted by AAMCI
Hello,

My wife just received a voicemail from Chase Fraud Prevention regarding a new CSR account that she applied for and was approved for instantly. Before calling Chase back, I'm curious why they are calling, since the account is brand new and has no charges on it.

Timeline of events:
Sat Aug 25 - applied for CSR via Chase website, instant approval (no 30 day consideration and "we'll get back to you")
Tues Aug 28 - received CSR card in UPS envelope, activated card via the www.chase.com/verifycard website. CSR card has not been used for any charges or transactions after verifying receipt of card.
Wed Aug 29 in the morning - received voicemail from Chase Fraud Prevention asking to call back at 800-688-7944 (the caller ID showed 972-512-5500, which is a number we don't recognize so we didn't answer it)

My wife has the following recent credit card account activity:
early-March 2018 - Added as an authorized user on my Chase Freedom Unlimited
late-April 2018 - opened new AMEX Platinum
mid-July 2018 - downgraded a CSP to Chase Freedom

Opening the CSR account brought my wife to 5/24. All card usage is for normal day-to-day spending.

Before my wife calls Chase back, I'm trying to get an idea of why they are calling about a brand new card that we just verified we received and that no charges have even been charged on the account yet.

Any ideas or similar experiences?
Just a quick update, a call to Chase this evening revealed that the fraud prevention department just wanted to confirm that it was my wife who applied for the card and that she did receive it and had it in her possession. No issues.

Thanks for the help today!