FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:47 pm
theaugbunnies

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
New Club Lounge Benefit for Gold Members at Sofitel Damansara, Kuala Lumpur

Just a quick update. Revisited this hotel and can report that starting about a week ago Gold members are now being given access to the Club Lounge. Was again extremely quiet while I was there. I doubt if this ruling will result in over crowding. I don't know how long this new policy will last.

If your primary interest in a Club Lounge is the range of food offered at Cocktails then I would definitely recommend Pullman KLCC in Kuala Lumpur.

As a Platinum, for this Stay I received a corner (larger ?) room on a rather high floor, welcome drink voucher, handwritten welcome note, early check in as well as very warm welcome. (Last visit very lucky to get a double upgrade to Suite as well as welcome fruit and small box of pralines)

This was a sudden booking giving the hotel less than 24 hours notice, with a relatively low nightly rate.

Very satisfied, and will be very happy to return.
Good to know! I hope i will get a double upgrade as well when i visit next month. What did you get for your welcome amenity at the Sofitel this time? I did not like the Pullman KLCC when i stayed last year, probably more so because the hotel was undergoing renovation and the service standards very poor. Bars and tables were left dirty and it was not the most pleasant place to have a drink at. I cannot fault the location though.