FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaving Marriott General Discussion Thread
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:03 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyou10
I'm doing the opposite. I am joining Marriott from HH next week. I have spent a lot of time researching the two, and even with the merger (or maybe the merger is even a benefit), Marriott seems to have more meaningful benefits and actually care about their elite. HH does not, believe me they don't. (Oh, and I love the 4pm guaranteed checkout).

Yes, Marriott has negatives too. For example, HH's app is far superior to Marriott. (The digital check-in, select your room, digital key, message the hotel, etc). And yes, Marriott is having a hard time merging 6700 properties and 11 million loyalty members. Remember the disaster that United had merging Continental. It took well over a year.
Are there really *only* eleven million Starriott frequent sleeper program members worldwide? By contrast, DL has about ten times as many SkyMiles members, and they're more likely to be geographically concentrated in the USA.