FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:18 am
yurtripper

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Not quite true. 2017 Marriott Challenge platinum still showing platinum with 46 nights this year.

Called MR and rep told me that because of the challenge I technically only earned gold status and they bumped me up to platinum. I said that I was platinum last year and all of this year and that that all the materials stated that platinums would be mapped up to PPE. She said they only way to map to PPE is to stay 75 nights. I protested and said that wasn't what the materials said before the merger but she said she asked a supervisor and they told her the same thing. I'm waiting for a supervisor to call me back.
Well the theory was that PPE status would only be granted to those with 75+ actual nights, and NOT to those with LTPP or who had completed the Platinum challenge from the MR side. Following Popperian reasoning, a single counterexample is enough to disprove it. I am one such counterexample (granted PPE after initially showing just Plat) and in the last few days there have been many more (both from LTPP and the Platinum challenge).

Also, I wouldn't set too much store by what an individual CS rep says. They frequently contradict one another. That is why HUACA is still a useful tactic when it comes to CS in most companies.