FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:00 pm
goldenbear

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Well, nice to see that some of those who completed the Marriott Platinum Challenge pre-merger are seeing PP showing up now somewhere in their profile. I have not seen that on mine (either in app or online), but for now I'm fine with waiting given that there are lot of funky things still going on their integration efforts that are more important for Marriott to fix - like reservations missing and points missing, etc.

I think we won't really have confidence that everything with the 2018 Platinum Challenges will be done right until we se'e Plat Premier still active next February when the downgrades process.

I was a 'natural' 50 night MR gold when I requested the MR status challenge, and am now Lifetime Platinum (combined 600 nights) after the merger... so the additional extra effort to get the 'old Platinum' through the challenge - which was said to run through January 2020 - will be a big waste if Marriott doesn't grant PP through the end of 2019. I will also not be particularly pleased if Marriott somehow figures out a way to exclude certain PP's from their RewardsPlus Silver status agreement with United as getting UA Silver in 2019 was a major goal of my doing the challenge.

Last edited by goldenbear; Aug 27, 2018 at 7:19 pm