FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Years of status is available
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:45 pm
Ord Liza

Originally Posted by fluxtravels
  • Statuses prior to Aug 18 are not "re cast" under the new rules and counts based on the original 10/50/75+ levels, not the new 10/25/50+ levels. A year spent as Gold would not count towards your Platinum level...

Originally Posted by beltway
I'm not going to say that this CSR is replete with a certain barnyard substance. Let's just say that I have never in my life been Marriott Plat before now. I was Gold on two separate, non-consecutive occasions (including last year), which exactly matches my pre-account-combination count for lifetime years of Marriott Plat.

P.S. Welcome to FT!
Not only that, but it would make what Marriott had posted in the FAQ's on the members' site totally absurd: We are keeping members “whole” in the applicable night tier in which they earned their Elite status. Example: If a member has 4 years of Elite status at the 50 night level (Gold Elite status) they will be counted in August and beyond as 4 years at the new 50 night level (Platinum Elite status). Only the names of the levels are changing. How we account for tenure is not changing.

You can't have Gold Elite status at the 50 night level in the new system, so clearly those 4 years that are being counted at the Platinum Elite level....