FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:03 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Just completed a quick overnighter, as I needed Honors stay credit, and it was a convenient (& nostalgic) location for us to call in on after many years! Not much has changed since we first stayed in about 2004! The grounds & (most) of the public spaces are apparently in good repair, but there are many signs of wear & tear evident if one gives more than a passing glance. All staff interactions were very pleasant & I was warmly welcomed as a Diamond/returning guest.

I booked a standard King & was pre-upgraded to a King Sea View Junior Suite in the Lotus Wing. These rooms whilst convenient for the Exec Lounge are very tired (same decor as 14 years ago) & if I was here for more than a night or two - I would choose a renovated/much more upscale option. Having said that, everything was in good working order. A welcome amenity of fruit, chocolates & macarons was waiting for us, which was thoughtful.

The Exec lounge put on a really good spread in the evening; satay/samosas/beef skewers/arancini balls/sandwiches/salads/cheese/bread & cakes/deserts. Easily enough for dinner if one chose. Drinks were proactively offered, including spirits/beers/cocktails - staff were excellent. Breakfast (7am-11am) was also well catered, with cooked to order eggs, plus the usual buffet staples. Biggest issue is that Happy Hour starts at 5pm & finishes at 6.30pm - which is silly early, quite frankly.

If the price is right (& the pitfalls are not considered an issue) this place can make for a decent choice for families - if looking for a decidedly upscale option - then look elsewhere.