FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC The Barclay New York Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:50 pm
FMTTM1

Programs: FB Plat, BlueBiz, IHG Spire Amb & Biz Rewards, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dez3b
I'm looking at stay at the IC Barclay in October and use my free night certificate(I'm an ambassador). However, Even Hotel is fairly close by and would end up being a lot less expensive(by using points).
Now, before someone jumps on me, I know you can't compare and Even hotel with an IC. However, I'm a little worried with what people have been saying about the service provided to ambassadors and at the hotel as a whole. I don't want to pay a bunch more for what will turn out to not be a better service experience. The Even hotel may not have as good of service as IC or the amenities, but it also doesn't have a destination fee and is significantly less. I don't mind paying for good service, but with IC I expect a good experience and more than I do for an Even hotel so my expectations are just very different.
I guess what I am asking, is it worth it to stay at the IC for a few days or would it be better to just adjust my expectations anyway and stay somewhere cheaper because I'm not going to get a good product even though I'm paying more.
Stay at EVEN and keep the $$'s, or go to the IC Times Square. I stayed in both IC's approx. 50 nights in the past couple years and always had a much better service/upgrades in IC TS.

The Barclay is a beautiful property, but has a union issue that causes bad service (specifically in the dining room), every time I stayed there was an issue and weird vibes.