FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Announcement: Marriott and SPG programs to merge on August 18th
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:10 pm
KenInEscazu

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I can't login to either site. I haven't been able to since Saturday. How long should I wait before panicking?
I'm on hold on the Marriott Rewards line now for someone to explain some merge details to me. It took me a while, but I finally figured out that my new number (not my old Marriott or SPG number), plus my SPG password would get me into the site. I'm just glad that I saw that new number before the login changed. May be why you can't log in.

My CC points aren't posting, and I'm concerned about where they will land now. With my Marriott card posting to my old Marriott account, and my SPG card points posting to my old SPG account, where will those points go? They aren't posting to my new account number. That's for sure. Why couldn't they use one of the existing account numbers, anyway?

Now for my rant... I'm extremely disappointed in Marriott's failure to prepare for all of the snags. I was on hold last night for over an hour. I finally gave up and went to bed. Been holding for 15 minutes today, and I'm listening to the same music/promise that an associate will be with me momentarily that I heard for so long last night. This is a massive fail. Anyone at all familiar with IT would have known that this was going to cause a lot pf problems for customers.

There is no doubt that Marriott execs were warned about this from their IT department. I was patient and understanding in the beginning, but it's now obvious that they failed miserably to prepare for the additional call volume. If I didn't have so many points, I think I would bail out now. I may still do so. My confidence in Marriott's concern for their loyal customers is severely shaken.