FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Way To Sell My Iphone??
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:09 pm
HDQDD

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by nmenaker
You'll probably get best price and speed with craigslist (depending on the city of course) but it's a bit of a hassle, and be cautious about where one meets. Swappa is probably next best for final pricing and ease. Ship to customer, get cash, etc. Ebay would be faster and pricing can be solid (especially if you are willing to sell internationally and take international payments from paypal) but you'll pay the most in fees (13%) and it can be a headache if you get a lamb buyer. You'll still get your money, but it could be months of headache if the buyer tries to balk at the transaction. CYA with tracking, signature, etc.

I do most of this type of selling on craigslist for the higher $$ and hand over to buyer. Once they confirm all is good, i'm pretty done. Most buyers are willing to meet either in the city or near me at a starbucks. If it's a large $$ transaction, I'll met at the local PD, they have a "meetup" area in the waiting room. Bring a currency pen though. you'd be surprised.
This. I sell most electronics second hand on craigslist without issue (occasionally a no show, but it's pretty rare). Always meet in a public place, cash only, make sure it's real, etc., just be careful. I've also sold an old iphone on Amazon, they have a buy back program. It's not as good or quick as CL, but it was ok.

My stepdad who's in his 70's tried to sell a 10yo car on CL and he got all kinds of scammers calling him. I never give out my number. email (through their anonymous proxy) only.