FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA281 LHR - LAX Friday 31/8/2018 - not on BA booking system, 0 availability on EF
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:52 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Workie Ticket
F2 A1 J9 C9 D9 R5 I0 W4 E0 T0 Y3 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0

However, when I spoke to the BA call centre they had availability in WTP, but nothing in WT. Any idea why this is happening?
These are the sales buckets (which rapidly change) and while BA maybe willing to sell 3 new tickets in WT, given usual no shows and duplicate bookings, they may be unwilling to put 2 definite travellers into what is probably on oversold flight. But I agree the A380 is a much better travel experience for the WT passengers, one of the best economy options available in longhaul aviation so if you have ended up there then that's not a bad outcome. Having said that, if the 747 is really much better for you then keep an eye on the situation since this will be chnaging very rapidly. If you so see the Y figure go up a lot, or B becoming available, it may be worth another call. On paper you're only allowed 1 involuntary reservation change, but you may be able to argue for a second go if things change.