FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair/AY award/redemption booking/ticket thread
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:34 am
FFlash

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Finnair/AY award/redemption booking/ticket thread

Every time the same problem, where to post my issue related to awards? The current threads are so well dispersed that I make an attempt to consolidate hopefully the different topics into here.

Starting with something new again. They have recently introduced, or at least today was the first for me, a new system for waitlisted awards. I requested an award yesterday for a flight that was not available online, insisted today for looking at situation if it could clear and yes it did in a short time. What was new is that when they clear the waitlisted award, they send a link for paying the fees&surcharges by email, which is very handy so that you don't need to send or tell your credit card info by phone and moreover you get to know that now your flight has cleared finally. The downside can be that the link is only 5 hours active, so that if you don't check your email during that time, I don't know if you lose your ticketing or what.