FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:05 am
gpb_croppers63

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi all,

I have a question about the coupon usage. From the wiki above I see the following:
  • It is the date when you use the voucher that matters. It can upgrade a flight that takes place after expiry as long as you apply the voucher before.

I am not very sure how A3 defines "as apply" - as currently I am on the waitlist for my flights later in december, and my voucher will expire in November. Does this mean that if those flights do clear, they are the old coupons and not the new ones?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Unfortunately not, I had the same situation last year and was clearly told that it is the date that upgrade clears that matters. I ended up cancelling my waitlist on the last day of coupon validity and applying it to a different flight which cleared immediately and then re-requested the waitlist with my new coupons that appeared the following day. It should work the way you said, as they do attach a coupon number to the waitlisted segment but I was advised by multiple agents that it doesn't. What would happen if you didn't receive any new coupons and the old ones had expired though is anyone's guess. Hope that helps!

Last edited by gpb_croppers63; Aug 22, 2018 at 2:13 am