FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG website down!
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:44 am
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by stimpy
I've been offline for a while. Any idea how to make a Sheraton reservation now? I can't log into SPG.com. Should I log into marriott.com with my Marriott number now? I don't want to merge my accounts til they have things working smoothly, but I would like to stay at a Sheraton this weekend.

One other thing weird is that when I go to spg.com to log in, it is actually marriott.com and prefills my Marriott number in the username field.
Originally Posted by porkie

If you really want to use your SPG account then easiest way would be to call in, alternatively you can just book through Marriott and get your stay on the Marriott account, this should be working fine.
Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm not sure if it matters anymore if I used my SPG or Marriott number?

When I was using the SPG app, it would give me the cheap non-flexible rates. Now on spg.com or marriott.com, it does not show those non-flex rates. Is that a bug or does Marriott not do these rates?

I can log into marriott.com with my Marriott number, but cannot log into spg.com or the SPG app. These cheaper non-flex rates were never previously available by phone. Is it now possible to book these by phone?
You can log in to SPG.com (assuming you didn't already merge your acct). Use this link: https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?...spg&reset=true

Use your NEW Spg# and your old SPG password (not your email). Viola. be sure not to use your Marriott.com password (password managers will think the link is Marriott), you want to use your SPG.com password. If you don't have your new SPG# you can use your email - but only if it isn't the same email you used to log into Marriott.