Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG website down!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by stimpy
I've been offline for a while. Any idea how to make a Sheraton reservation now? I can't log into SPG.com. Should I log into marriott.com with my Marriott number now? I don't want to merge my accounts til they have things working smoothly, but I would like to stay at a Sheraton this weekend.

One other thing weird is that when I go to spg.com to log in, it is actually marriott.com and prefills my Marriott number in the username field.
Originally Posted by porkie

If you really want to use your SPG account then easiest way would be to call in, alternatively you can just book through Marriott and get your stay on the Marriott account, this should be working fine.
I'm not sure if it matters anymore if I used my SPG or Marriott number?

When I was using the SPG app, it would give me the cheap non-flexible rates. Now on spg.com or marriott.com, it does not show those non-flex rates. Is that a bug or does Marriott not do these rates?

I can log into marriott.com with my Marriott number, but cannot log into spg.com or the SPG app. These cheaper non-flex rates were never previously available by phone. Is it now possible to book these by phone?
You can log in to SPG.com (assuming you didn't already merge your acct). Use this link: https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?...spg&reset=true

Use your NEW Spg# and your old SPG password (not your email). Viola. be sure not to use your Marriott.com password (password managers will think the link is Marriott), you want to use your SPG.com password. If you don't have your new SPG# you can use your email - but only if it isn't the same email you used to log into Marriott.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
You can log in to SPG.com (assuming you didn't already merge your acct). Use this link: https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?...spg&reset=true

Use your NEW Spg# and your old SPG password (not your email). Viola. be sure not to use your Marriott.com password (password managers will think the link is Marriott), you want to use your SPG.com password. If you don't have your new SPG# you can use your email - but only if it isn't the same email you used to log into Marriott.
What new SPG number? How would I know what that is? I thought that only happened if I tried to merge accounts from the SPG site? And yes I only have one email for travel so that is on both sites.

Last edited by stimpy; Aug 21, 2018 at 8:08 am
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
What new SPG number? How would I know what that is? I thought that only happened if I tried to merge accounts from the SPG site?
All SPG accounts were to be assigned a new number for the merged program. If you log into your SPG account using your old number and password, you should see your new number. If you have separate email addresses for MR & SPG, you can still use those.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
All SPG accounts were to be assigned a new number for the merged program. If you log into your SPG account using your old number and password, you should see your new number. If you have separate email addresses for MR & SPG, you can still use those.
But how do you log into the SPG website? That's what I first posted about in this thread. It won't let me log in with my old number and I haven't been told my new number!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
But how do you log into the SPG website? That's what I first posted about in this thread. It won't let me log in with my old number and I haven't been told my new number!
If you can't login with legacy SPG#/pwd and password reset doesn't work, then you have to call SPG to obtain new SPG# and then go online to perform a password reset using newSPG# or ask rep to trigger a password reset email on new SPG#.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can login with new Marriott number but am still missing 8 night credit from past SPG stays. I hope this gets corrected soon.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
What I did was go to www.spg.com, it took me to Marriott.com and to my Marriott account, as that was my last login, only asking for my password. I then signed out (not just close the window as I used to). Then when going back to login, I was presented with a request for my username/email address. That's where using your old SPG number and password should present your new number and let you in. Another technique is to go to the login screen and click on Clear Remembered User to be presented with a request for username. If that doesn't work, then a call seems to be the only choice left. Good Luck.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seawolf
If you can't login with legacy SPG#/pwd and password reset doesn't work, then you have to call SPG to obtain new SPG# and then go online to perform a password reset using newSPG# or ask rep to trigger a password reset email on new SPG#.
I don't believe it is possible to do a password reset on an SPG number. If you go to spg.com and click password reset on the login page, it takes to you a marriott.com password reset. I don't need to reset my Marriott password. A phone call is indeed required.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I don't believe it is possible to do a password reset on an SPG number. If you go to spg.com and click password reset on the login page, it takes to you a marriott.com password reset. I don't need to reset my Marriott password. A phone call is indeed required.
If you go to www.spg.com, you will be redirected to a marriott domain. However, the branding should be in purple. Click on the Log in > Forget Password. Branding should still be in purple.

Enter your SPG details (with the new SPG member number) in the form to reset your SPG password.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I was given my new # when I attempted to log on using my old one. If you are not provided this - I'd call SPG and ask for your new number. Then proceed as instructed to log on using that new # and your old SPG password.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
This is a piss poor integration. None of our issues are a surprise. Any half decent consulting firm could do a much better job. I mean seriously you have one to two years of time to prepare and run load testing. Why does it take going live to find 100 different issues that should have been resolved prior to going live. I mean CMON SON lets get professional.
torontotravel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.