FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:54 pm
points_maniac

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Marriott BonVoy Titanium
Originally Posted by susiesan
Yes, I lost a reservation. I have an award stay at the Sheraton Conv Center in San Juan on Nov. 30 that has disappeared. All of my SPG points are gone and are not showing in my Marriott account. I know I linked the accounts a long time ago but nothing shows that they are linked. I cannot log into SPG, keeps directing me to Marriott. So my two accounts have not been merged. Of course, when trying to phone I am on terminal hold.

What's the advice to get reservations restored and points transferred? I had 150K SPG points and I need to use them to make hotel reservations for Anchorage for June 2019. What should I do?
Accounts were not merged on 8/18. That is a common misconception. All that happened is that 1) Marriott accounts switched to the new program, and 2) SPG accounts got a new number and switched to the new program.

This means you still have two accounts, and your reservation has not disappeared. The problem is the website likely keeps logging you into the legacy Marriott account. To avoid this, try using an incognito window, go to spg.com, and log in using your legacy SPG number instead of your email address. This will generate your new SPG number.

For now, I am always logging into my two accounts using the account number to avoid ending up in the wrong account.

Last edited by points_maniac; Aug 20, 2018 at 2:58 pm Reason: Typo