FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Plat Status for Matched UA Elites staring Aug 18,2018 until Jan 2019, after?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:18 am
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by mozilla
... I think it is sad young people will soon grow up without being able to reap the benefits of loyalty programs like in the past. But then again, they will be Airbnb's best customers anyway.
Why did I switch to Marriott properties? Cost plus benefits. My son has watched me choose properties based on cost plus benefits. We have stayed at hotels, apartments, B&Bs, hostels, etc. - cost and benefits being the decisive factors. Airbnb is a often a great low cost alternative with the benefit of a kitchen, similar to hostels. Hotels look at the best model for their revenue. Customers should look at the best cost option for themselves - sometimes that is a loyalty program, sometimes not.

With the internet there are many options and young people are savvy enough to know that.

This change by Marriott will influence my decisions as it should everyone who got status with a United match.