FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Small details BA vs Lufthansa European business class
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:50 am
bil

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum
Small details BA vs Lufthansa European business class

It is well know how intra-European business class isn't very impressive but I decided to try Lufthansa to see how it compares with Club Europe which is the only other one I've tried (except for a short GVA-ZRH hop in Swiss). Overall, the products are very similar with only minor differences, but those are precisely where the premium feeling lies.

A) The seat: Lufthansa uses one of the so-called ultra slim seats. I've tried them in some other carries like EZY, IB and LX but this was the most unpleasant one. I could even feel the metallic skeleton of the seat in my back. I am unsure of the policy with respect to the middle table in LH but there was no sign of them in the whole business cabin. As a positive, the tray table of the first row is "stuck" on the wall which means that the seat width is not reduced.

B) The meal service: There was no hot towel service, I think there was a wet wipe. Two refills and the stewardess disapperared. The napkins were paper, not fabric. And the treatment was correct but not engaging.

C) The food: I didn't quite like the food. it was prosciutto with melon. A dish like that is very risky as given its simplicity the perceived quality depends a lot on the quality of the raw ingredients, which was not very good.

I think the experience was ok, but not worth paying for unless it comes as a connection into a long haul flight.