FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Volvo XC90, any sightings?
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:14 pm
aww3583

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Just finished 400 miles in one.

They are the best looking SUVs on the market. The seats are very comfortable. The infotainment and instrument cluster screens were easy to read and had great resolution and bright light performance. I liked the 3 different drive modes. Averaged around 24 MPG for the entire trip.

There were some odd interior choices though.

Instead of a push-button start, you turn a knob in the same motion you turn a key. To turn off the vehicle, you turn the same knob the same direction as to turn it on.

The “auto” HVAC setting behaves oddly. Also, there’s no “max” AC button, a must in hot/humid climates.

The panoramic sunroof cover is translucent and was already beginning to sag (10k miles on the odometer).

The operation of the infotainment and climate systems is very very touch-screen intensive. I imagine owners get used to it over time, but for a shorter rental, I found it less intuitive than other brands’ systems.

The key fob is massive. It’s square-shaped and the unlock/lock buttons are on the outer perimeter leaving the large flat surfaces completely unused. Horrible key design. No remote start, either.