Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Volvo XC90, any sightings?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

2016 Volvo XC90, any sightings?

I know National doesn't order a lot of Volvo's, but has anyone spotted one of the '16 XC90's (the brand new design) in the wild yet? I kind of doubt it, but I see them all over town and would love to try one for a weekend.

I'm also secretly hoping they take on a couple S90 sedans when those hit showrooms. I was very impressed when I saw it at the Detroit Auto Show this spring.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:55 pm

I saw one at JFK in the aisle.... If I was only there a few minutes earlier I could of gotten it. Ended up with a Ford Taurus
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
I saw one at SNA a couple of months ago. Missed it by less than 30 seconds. Lady opened the door as I spotted it..
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Saw one at MCI about a month ago. $50 upcharge. For a Volvo.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:19 pm

I'm driving a '16 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD now, albeit from Avis.

It's pretty nice, but not entirely liking the touchscreen interface. More physical buttons, like the Ford/Lincoln setup, is preferable.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents, National EE, Hilton Gold, United MP
There was one in CLE a few weeks ago under Exec Aisle with no upcharge, snagged it.

I am a huge fan of the S40 / S60, wasn't really impressed by the XC.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Grabbed a 2018 XC90 4WD from PNS for $15/day on a mid-size reservation.

It had Sirius XM active, so the upgrade was closer to $8/day.

Nice ride! Infuriating infotainment system. Averaging close to 25 MPG, mostly highway.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:41 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
I've gotten it 3 times now, once out of ATL, once out of BWI and once in BNA. It is my favorite pick in National's inventory.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Just finished 400 miles in one.

They are the best looking SUVs on the market. The seats are very comfortable. The infotainment and instrument cluster screens were easy to read and had great resolution and bright light performance. I liked the 3 different drive modes. Averaged around 24 MPG for the entire trip.

There were some odd interior choices though.

Instead of a push-button start, you turn a knob in the same motion you turn a key. To turn off the vehicle, you turn the same knob the same direction as to turn it on.

The “auto” HVAC setting behaves oddly. Also, there’s no “max” AC button, a must in hot/humid climates.

The panoramic sunroof cover is translucent and was already beginning to sag (10k miles on the odometer).

The operation of the infotainment and climate systems is very very touch-screen intensive. I imagine owners get used to it over time, but for a shorter rental, I found it less intuitive than other brands’ systems.

The key fob is massive. It’s square-shaped and the unlock/lock buttons are on the outer perimeter leaving the large flat surfaces completely unused. Horrible key design. No remote start, either.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone seen a '18 vintage XC60? I've seen a few 90s here and there, but I haven't seen the 60s and they are just as nice, and certainly more fuel efficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.