FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:16 am
MaldivesFreak

Originally Posted by passionforhotels
My friend, unless you're travelling by tardis, this contravenes all known laws of physics. You're saying here that someone who breaks up their journey with an overnight in Male arrives earlier than someone who travels directly there without a stopover? Read again: the choice is between going directly to Rangali that same night of arrival by domestic flight, getting to the island about four hours after landing (that is around 1am), or, to follow your advice, stay overnight in Male and taking the seaplane the following morning, getting to the island 12-15 hours after their flight lands (that is around mid-morning the same day). Note: the first option gets them there EARLIER, that is SOONER, meaning BEFORE the second option. I think you've misunderstood and think that we're suggesting the traveller stays overnight the first night, then hangs out in Male the next day, then arrives by domestic the following day. We're not.
You really need to read my post again. You misunderstood it. Come at it fresh. I have done this 6 times and I know what I'm talking about.
Also, do the math on a 5-night stay and work out how much time you lose. Again, come at it without any preconceptions. Perhaps if you do this first you'll understand the other bit more easily.