FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA 737 MAX 8 SSW / 7M8 aircraft in service Nov 2017 (discussion)
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:01 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HiAperture
really didn't find the main cabin seat to be that bad, better than the MCE flights I have taken this year in the 757, MCE 738 (non-IFE screen ver) and the LUS A321. The tablet holder and usb port right on the backrest in front of you is nice (too bad they didn't install the same system in first, looking down at the tablet flap on the tray table was not as comfortable), and installing the power ports under the seats in front of you so you don't have to fumble around for them under your knees was another improvement. Even on the almost 5 hr flight to Vegas I was quite comfortable in the regular seat, for what it is. I found the steaming entertainment to be seamless, no loading times, kept going off the airplane servers even when the wifi was down.
So you mean if was a pretty ordinary domestic flight?

Given all the hysterics about this aircraft, I'm curious to fly it just to see for myself. The problem is the aircraft is still rare in the AA fleet, so it will likely be awhile. I have flown several 737s on other airlines with the smaller bathrooms, and found those complaints to be overblown: the inconvenience was equivalent to finding an electric hand dryer instead of paper towels in a public restroom.

BTW, does anyone know why the new aircraft don't have Boeing new "space bins" for carry-on luggage? I've been doing some flying on Alaska this summer and it seems like their entire 737-900 fleet now has them. Once you get used to the slightly odd aesthetics, the space bins are very useful -- at least they are when customers can figure out how to use them!