FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:05 am
gldwebs

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
One point that bugs me and fits almost in the DYKWIA topic, are people who board early and have no regard for their fellow passengers on a flight that was already announced to be completely full. You know the type -- they can't be bothered with putting any of their personal gear under the seat in front even if both of them are 5'6" or shorter but they somehow manage to fill the overhead bins over 2 whole rows before anyone else can even get on. I saw a couple like that last month, just made me sad that such people were so self-possessed and yet lowly Group 2 peons like me ... ;-)
I hate when people do this. Was on a very delayed flight out of Nashville. Had to board late for F because they kept changing the time and got stuck in the bathroom when I thought I had more time. First bins were full of laptop bags and other tiny bags but no regular bags. No one had anything under their seat. I did lowly grumble looking for space and settled for 15 rows behind me.

Here is the nice part, after landing I swim upstream for my bag. The F pax were like offensive linemen blocking as hard but once I reached the first row of Y the passenger asked me which bag, and like a bucket brigade, that bag was politely passed 10 rows forward to me.