FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA 737 MAX 8 SSW / 7M8 aircraft in service Nov 2017 (discussion)
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:48 am
HiAperture

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by daron4000
Cocktail table feels really poorly designed, especially after not being used to sharing with the neighbor. In the past I could fit the nut ramekin and a glass of wine on my individual cocktail table but there is no longer enough space for 2 glasses each for 2 people on the shared space.
Did you use the extension for the cocktail table? There is a second piece that pops out by spring release under the first part. My wife and I had no issue having both of our drinks and nuts out.

We flew main cabin on the "Project Oasis" 738 with the new interior, MIA-LAS flight back in June, and in row 1 (yes it is very tight I can confirm) on a LFB upgrade on the return to MIA.

I do agree, and perhaps it was because being over 6' having no space to spread my legs out was a bummer, that the first class seat was disappointing for comfort. I did like the space to keep your tablet in the arm rest, and that the outer armrest drops down for the aisle passenger. Recline was very limited and very little padding.

I really didn't find the main cabin seat to be that bad, better than the MCE flights I have taken this year in the 757, MCE 738 (non-IFE screen ver) and the LUS A321. The tablet holder and usb port right on the backrest in front of you is nice (too bad they didn't install the same system in first, looking down at the tablet flap on the tray table was not as comfortable), and installing the power ports under the seats in front of you so you don't have to fumble around for them under your knees was another improvement. Even on the almost 5 hr flight to Vegas I was quite comfortable in the regular seat, for what it is. I found the steaming entertainment to be seamless, no loading times, kept going off the airplane servers even when the wifi was down.

Miami, despite having an excellent terminal, seems to have a pretty poor selection of American's better planes from what I have flown, a lot of old 737's, regional jets, and LUS planes, at least for going up and around the east coast. Given the choice of an LUS plane or that awful 757 and the Max8, given my experience, I would take the Max every time.