FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:06 am
passionforhotels

I'm with Goliath in that I don't know if it's really worth continuing this discussion, but to clarify:

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
The idea is to arrive on the morning of your first day at Rangali. If you overnight in MLE, yes, you are effectively adding one night to your itinerary but you are going to arrive very early at around, on average, 10 - 10:30AM island time, which means 15 or 16 hours more than someone who arrives at 1 or 2AM on their first day at the resort.
My friend, unless you're travelling by tardis, this contravenes all known laws of physics. You're saying here that someone who breaks up their journey with an overnight in Male arrives earlier than someone who travels directly there without a stopover? Read again: the choice is between going directly to Rangali that same night of arrival by domestic flight, getting to the island about four hours after landing (that is around 1am), or, to follow your advice, stay overnight in Male and taking the seaplane the following morning, getting to the island 12-15 hours after their flight lands (that is around mid-morning the same day). Note: the first option gets them there EARLIER, that is SOONER, meaning BEFORE the second option. I think you've misunderstood and think that we're suggesting the traveller stays overnight the first night, then hangs out in Male the next day, then arrives by domestic the following day. We're not.

In terms of saving time, the best option is to go straight to Rangali that same evening of arrival with domestic transfer.

In terms of saving money, the best option is to stay overnight first and travel to Rangali the following day by seaplane.

If the poster were taking long holidays, then it makes sense to save the money/points. But this poster only has five nights (six if they go directly to Rangali instead of overnighting), so losing that first morning does impact their stay. Only that poster can decide which is worth more to them: time on the island or money.

Ignoring the comments about how long it takes to get ready because it's irrelevant: the poster will have to get ready no matter which option they choose: in both cases it'll be necessary to go to bed the first night and in both cases they'll have to get up in the morning - either to go for breakfast on Rangali or to catch a seaplane. How long it takes is up to them.

Last edited by passionforhotels; Aug 18, 2018 at 7:25 am Reason: grammar, grammar