FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will I be served a meal on Transborder Economy connecting to International ticket?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:56 am
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by pchen0
Hi all,
I will be flying from LAX to NRT with a connection in YVR in economy class. According to AC website:
"When you travel on a direct International flight that includes a stop in a Canadian city, you will be offered a complimentary snack and a complimentary meal item on the domestic portion of your flight."
This means I should be able to get a meal or snack for my LAX-YVR portion of the flight I assume?
Would I need to tell FA that I am an international passenger or will they know from my seat assignment? Although it may not be much or tasty but this will help me decide whether I need to purchase food at the airport prior to boarding.

Thank you so much in advance!
Do you have a link to that quote/sentence? What was the fare family/class that you purchased?

When I see "Direct International Flight" that includes a "stop" in a Canadian city, I think of AC33, so I would say that no, you won't get a meal/snack LAX YVR in Y based on this.