FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Airlines Lounges Guide
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:02 am
clubeurope

Originally Posted by BB8Dreamliner
I'm a OW Sapphire with AA and was traveling with my non-OW-elite gf from Jakarta new T3 to KUL. The check in agent told me that OW Sapphire (Enrich Gold included) CANNOT bring any guests [to the PP lounge]. I told him that's gotta be a mistake. He insisted that Sapphire can't bring guests, only Emerald can--so he issued me just one lounge pass. Went to the PP lounge, the lounge agent basically said the same thing. However, I showed her my plastic AA card and she confused my AA Platinum (OW Saph) with Enrich Platinum (OW Emerald), so she let me and my gf in LOL.

The check in agent also told me that this is a new policy and they used to issue passes for Sapphire guests. This is the first time i heard such things! Anyone with similar experience?
Hi BB8Dreamliner, I'm sorry to hear of that. Glad that they let both you and your girlfriend in though. Doesn't help their claims when the OW website clearly mentions that OWS can bring a guest. Honestly, I am not too surprised with such claims when at outstations, particularly when the airline is using a contract-lounge. It is quite unfortunate.

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Just added a comment in on the MYY lounge. It accepts OWS/OWE only on MH Mainline flights. To enter whilst flying on Maswings rural air services - they only accept Enrich Plat/Gold or a Maswings J boarding pass.
Thanks TGflyergirl. That is actually very interesting to know. I suppose that would make much of the difference between Economy and Business on Maswings?