FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SLS Las Vegas NV, LEAVING SPG/Marriott Aug 17, 2018 [Master Thread]
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:35 am
SpeedyDelivery

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Cancelled! I sent in a LNF rate for the Renaissance and see what happens. Never stayed there but I'm not paying $200.00 / night elsewhere. I'm going to try it out just for a couple of nights and then used my comps at Bally's.
I was always willing to pay to stay at the SPG properties especially the Westin even when I had super cheap or comped rates at some of the Caesars properties( I actually liked that place and always stayed on a BRG ) - Westin has changed a lot over the last year and a half....I guess it is no more chasing points/status or whatever it was that I was doing. Just the September week alone I saved probably $500.00 by not chasing the status etc.,

I never looked at it closely over the years because it didn't matter...........I can't imagine the cost savings when I just want to find the best hotel at the best price based on what I am looking for. I feel like I just broke up from a real long relationship!
Renaissance has been an easy LNF for me. Hotel experience is similar to the Westin, a nicely-appointed, clean hotel that's maybe a little bland. They didn't waive the destination fee (as Plat) for me on my recent stay. It's nice to have a lounge.

That said, it will be hard to beat the ~$33+resort fee weekday BRG rates at SLS. I'd earn at least 2600 Starpoints, sometimes becoming a +EV hotel stay when there was a good SPG bonus going on.