FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:08 pm
Eurynom0s

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
The singular reason given by AS for denying PP entry is due to lounge occupancy issues, but there are way too many reports of half empty lounges with the sign out for this to be the only reason for the issue they're having with PP....for whatever reason, it's obvious they don't want to be apart of the PP program and that's their decision, but I think they need to just pull the band-aid off and be done with it. Perhaps their thinking is that if lounges are empty, it will create a better sense of solitude for their members and they'll make up for lost PP revenue with more memberships (although personally, I think this is going to end up being a money losing deal, but for their sake, hopefully not).
Alternatively, I'd be more than fine with them simply not allowing people using PP to bring in any guests. I'd rather consistently be able to get in alone than it being a total crapshoot as to whether I'll get in at all.

And I'm not paying for an Alaska Lounge membership I don't fly enough to make it worth it (I hit my MVP primarily through LAX-EWR/JFK flights, as opposed to more frequent shorter flights).

Last edited by Eurynom0s; Aug 14, 2018 at 2:23 pm