FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:08 am
princeville

Originally Posted by iahphx
Denied entry at ANC at 10 pm tonight (a Monday night). They have a sign downstairs. Lounge is at least half empty -- what I would consider uncrowded for a small lounge. The lounge staff doesn't care about reason or logic -- they're just saving space for non-existent pax who will be showing up in the middle of the night. I think Alaska should just pull out of the program, or priority pass should kick them out. If this is how lounge access worked, nobody would want a card. It's frustrating to think you have lounge access (I have a 2 hour layover) and they get denied entry for no good reason. I'm even flying Alaska.
This one doesn’t surprise me, actually. AS has a lot of departures between 11pm and 2am. It wouldn’t surprise me if this is the busiest time of day for ANC. In >20 years of visiting my parents there, almost all of my flights have arrived and departed around midnight +/- 2 hours.

Since it’s pretty predictable they should disclose that there’s no access after 9pm (or whatever works for them) June-August so PP members can manage expectations. I’ve learned to not plan on having access at my home airport. Once in a while they surprise me but I agree they should leave PP if they can only offer sporadic hours.