FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:18 pm
FleyeSkyHigh

Originally Posted by travelover4
I had to change an upcoming JFK-DOH flight from QR704 to QR702 to fit our schedule better. Even though the seats were blocked online, I called customer support and they were able to unblock the middle seats. The first agent said it's under airport control. I called back again and the second agent was able to change it easily. I also mentioned to the agent that we are flying with a 2 year old who can't be seated alone. The agent didn't ask anything and assigned the seats. Wanted to share my experience. Thanks to this community, I've learned so much!
I have found that it also helps to call the Doha Reservation Contact Centre +974 4023 0000 for best results. Apparently there is a flag they have to check in your reservation that allows multiple passengers in the same PNR to select blocked middle seats via the Manage Reservation on the QR website. This is especially true if the reservation or equipment had been changed from non-QSuite to Qsuite capable/planned aircraft. Also works for tickets issued by other airlines (just make sure you have the QR PNR when calling). Once they flip the flag I have been able to change to any Qsuite restricted seat via the website with ease.