FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:21 am
rkaradi

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Majuki
It's supposed to rain tomorrow and Sunday.

We have no basis for comparison since it's our first time here, but we feel like it's quiet. Certainly there was more activity when we walked over to the main island awhile ago, but on the water villa island it seems like there aren't many people around.
the hotel is at 90% capacity. I think the villa island is always quieter since there’s less activity overall. That being said up at the retreat WV’s are also always quite. We’ve stayed in one the last three years.

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
That's because you've gone from Rangali Bar (I must admit that's the worst place I could think of to hold afternoon tea!!) to Vilu so of course it's an upgrade. Problem is, Vilu is a serious downgrade if you've ever had it at Mandhoo.
yewj have had at Mandhoo and have had diamond cocktails at Vilu. They’re both fine to me. I get that if this ends up making them cut this amenity to one hour it’ll suck, but if they keep both then I’m ok with it being at one place it make sense in so many levels.