FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Splitting PNR after Delta Comfort Companion upgrade clears
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:24 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
My experience is totally opposite. -2 to your post.

"It's just like when you clear an upgrade at window for flight Feb 1-5 despite losing elite status on Jan 31"
Bad example. I have experienced this exact situation and I was pushed out of F back to Y and not even given a seat assignment. No, there was not an equipment change or anything else to trigger this. I even already mentioned this a few posts before yours.

De-upgraded, or how not to treat an ex-plat

I have also changed my DL number to a VA number and immediately dropped from a C+ seat and again, without a seat assignment. I even called and the agents said it was impossible to keep a C+ upgrade without a 'payment', and in this case my DL SM number was payment. Even though my VA number was eligible for C+, and I was in the window for that VA upgrade to be processed, I still couldn't keep my upgrade.

Credit to partner FF#, lose upgrade

Unless you've gone through these experiences yourself you are giving some serious misinformation. And even if you have, I can tell you that downgrades happen without a 'trigger' like you describe.

In more than one experience, I've seen that DL is proactive about kicking people out of upgraded seats once their eligibility changes.
This is how it has worked. At least Till recently (and there's other thread posts that back it up) it required an agent to actively take away the upgrade once it cleared, absent a need to reseat passengers (plane change, IRROPS, etc) for upgrade to go away.

Do we know if that is what us happening instead of system taking it away? I can see Delta changing the system, but Delta has always gone by the once giveth don't take away absent some subsequent change method. I doubt they fixed this, but left the system to allow upgrades for Feb 1-5th for former elites to stick.