FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GRU Layover Plan
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:43 pm
stockboy85

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt Globalist
GRU Layover Plan

I'm flying EWR-MIA-GRU-JNB-MUB that includes a 12 hour layover at GRU (arrive 5:15 am, leave 5:20pm) on a Saturday. I will have lounge access, but wanted to leave the airport for a bit as I already have the yellow fever vaccine and it appears getting a Visa for Americans has become a bit easier with the new eVisa.

The plan right now is to freshen up at the lounge then head to Pao de Queijo Haddock Lobo, walk to Fair Benedito Calixto, then Uber to Mocoto Esquina for lunch before heading back to GRU.

A couple of questions:
* I know that traffic in SP is pretty bad, but on a Saturday morning, how long do you think it would take for me to get from GRU to Pao De Queijo Haddock Lobo in Jardins? Also, how long will it take to get from the Fair to Mocoto Esquina?
* Is walking from Pao de Queijo Haddock Lobo to Fair Benedito Calixto safe? It looks like the walk is about a mile and looking at the google street view, appears to be a fairly populated area.
* Would it be best to leave my day pack at the airport?
* I'm assuming that 2.5 hours would be enough time at the airport in the afternoon? Mocoto Esquina is fairly close to the airport so I'm figuring that as long as lunch was over by 2pm, I would be fine?
* Do most places take credit cards or would I be better served exchanging USD to Reals when I land?

TIA